One of the most sophisticated and awesome things I’ve ever done together with course mate and friend Arnoldas Gurskis. Text based MMORPG which was actually working. Just because it was more or less educational project, it was discontinued because of… well… textual reasons…
Unfortunately neither source or binaries will go public. Source won’t go public because I don’t want to (for now) and binaries will be useless because there is no active servers.
It’s quite obvious, every self respecting programmer have at least snake or tetris game in his portfolio 🙂 Controls – WASD 🙂
One of my first play around with 3D. Not like modeling or real 3D programing, just mechanics. Each time you start the game, it generates random maze with only one path to the far away standing “lollipop”. Good luck finding the way 🙂 (Controls are also WASD).
I can’t remember the story of this game, how it came up to my mind. But it just happened. And several evening later, here you go.
Idea is very simple – you have town, some inhabitants and time. Working, building, growing and so far. Of course, user interface is not much of a master piece, but it works. Rules are quite simple, too:
- Every single unoccupied inhabitant produces 1 food and 1 gold per day. (+1 food, +1 gold)
- Every single worker produces 1 resource and eats 1 food per day. (+1 resource, -1 food)
- Every single soldier eats 1 food and gets paid 1 gold per day. (-1 gold, -1 food)
- Training soldier costs 1 gold, wood, metal and stone.
- You can retire (untrain) soldiers in order to conserve food/gold
- Occasionally town will be attacked by foes. Have some soldiers.
- Details about every building/technology can be viewed by clicking on it.
This game is a follow up from pervious game. Just we had a project in Visual Basic course and I wanted to remake this game. Easy and quite fast, not that advanced in gameplay mechanics, but “better” graphics and user interface 😀
Further more this version includes save and load functionality and if you start a new game, you get a random map each time. But only problem is that you have not much to do around the game 🙂 Pity, maybe some days later I will continue…
Cities and Towns 2 for Windows
This game was created just because I wanted to play with networking. Thus came up with simple idea – ping pong over the local area network (or external IP address). Unfortunately, the source code was lost long time ago… Just binary for Windows left.
This game was not created entirely by me. But I did my part in its creation. Can’t talk very much, more details soon or here.